Over the years there has been much buzz over whether parents have a favorite child…whether or not they ever admit it to anyone but themselves. It’s human nature, really, there are some personalities that we mesh with more than others. Since children can be very different people from their parents, it only comes to reason that a parent could “click” with one child more than another.
Since I’ve been giving this some thought, I decided that I do, in fact, have a favorite child.
I said it.
My favorite child is my dog.
Before you say that I can’t choose my dog, Cooper, as my favorite child, I want to lay out my reasons.
- Cooper never talks back at bedtime. I just clap my hands and say “Go to your bed” and Cooper runs to his kennel.
- When I want to lie on the couch and watch Netflix, Cooper cuddles up with me and goes to sleep. He never asks to change the channel or watches videos on the iPad at high volumes.
- Cooper wears whatever I tell him to. No arguing at all.
- Cooper eats whatever I give him for food. He never complains that it is mixed together or too saucy. He never suggests that buttered noodles would be a MUCH better dinner than what I prepared.
- Cooper’s puppy snores are THE CUTEST!
- He never steals my spot on the couch. He either sits with/on me or perches on the back.
- He is always up for a walk around the neighborhood!
- Whenever I come home he is SO EXCITED TO SEE ME.
- He never steals my iPad.
- He’s happy with half price toys instead of the newest video game.
- He doesn’t mind if I make fun of him on the Internet.
- He’s always up for giving me kisses.
- He has the bounciest ears which make me smile no matter what!
No matter how bad I feel, Cooper’s bouncing ears make me smile. #dogsofinstagram #puppylove #maltese A video posted by Merry Kuchle (@merry120) on
Last but not least, I don’t have to send him to university!
See? What did I tell you! He is the awesomest but….really, my favorite kids are the real live, non-furry type.