Cooking in summer can be hard for me. Often it’s hot in the house and I don’t really want to cook which means I can’t come up with anything I want to make. Tonight was especially bad because I added tired to the mix. I had a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer so I hit the internet to find some easy way to use them for dinner. Here’s what I came up with…an easy and delicious shrimp stirfry.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned & de-veined
- handful of asparagus, wooden bottoms removed & cut in half
- 3/4 cup corn niblets, either cut from cob fresh or thawed frozen
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add one Tbsp of butter & one Tbsp of olive oil. Add garlic. When hot, add shrimp. Cook until just done, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp to a plate.
- Add remaining oil and butter to the same skillet. Add asparagus and bell pepper to pan. Cook for about 2 minutes until they start to soften. Push to the edge of the pan. Add the corn to the middle. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional minute. Add shrimp back to pan and add the lemon juice. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove stir-fry from pan and serve on a platter. Best if it cools for a minute or two before you serve it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 301mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Recipe Notes: Dewey and I both really enjoyed this. Evan refused to try the shrimp but he did eat the vegetables.